Tips On Safely Moving Valuable Antiques
Trying to plan and organize a move is one of the largest and most complex experiences you will ever experience in life. That's no secret. Whether you are moving across the street, across the country or around the world, all moves require a lot of planning to be successful. One thing that can ruin an otherwise seamless move is lost or damaged goods, especially if the items in question are antiques or family heirlooms. These items have sentimental value that no amount of insurance can cover. They're irreplaceable.
Based in Wyckoff, A.A. American Moving & Storage recognizes the importance of protecting your antiques throughout the course of your move to or from New Jersey. With more than 60 years of experience in the moving and storage industry, we are experts at ensuring none of your precious belongings are damaged while they are under our watch. We are a trusted specialty mover in Bergen County, and as part of our dedication to helping the residents of New Jersey move their antiques safely and efficiently, A.A. American Moving & Storage offers the following antique moving tips:
- Be sure to get each individual item appraised by a reputable appraisal house. Typically you can get recommendations from an insurance agent or attorney. Also be sure to check if they are registered with the American Society of Appraisers.
- Take pictures of every antique item you plan to bring with you on your move. This serves as a reference for each item's condition prior to being moved.
- Discuss protection plans with your A.A. American move coordinator. We offer several valuation coverage plans.
- Do any of your items require any special cleaning or handling? Do your research beforehand and visit local furniture shops and hardware stores to find the products you may need. Special cleaning supplies and furniture pads are a couple examples of things you may need.
- If you are moving wood furniture, DO NOT use oil or wax-based cleaning products. These will soften the finish.
As your leading specialty services mover for Bergen County and all of New Jersey, we hope these tips have helped to make planning your move a little more easy and smooth. If you need help moving your antiques or any other specialty items such as hot tubs, motorcycles, pianos or pool tables, call A.A. American Moving & Storage today at (201) 891-2600 or fill out the form on this page to get a free quote.
Contact UsA.A. American Moving & Storage
414 West Main Street
Wyckoff, NJ 07481